Today is the big day. The big 40. As I looked around my office (tastefully decorated with items from my Bucket List); it occurred to me that the list of things I've done in 40 years is a lot longer than the list of things I have yet to do.
So here is my Bucket list in reverse, a list of things I've done/accomplished in 40 years: Actually it's a list of things I remember I've done.
1) Lived in Panama for 15 years.
2) Won an award in Oratory in 5th grade. I was quite proud.
3) Have seen the Hallie comet (remember that?)
4) Took my first trip abroad in 6th grade: to San Jose, Costa Rica.
5) Two years later, I moved to San Jose, Costa Rica. Pura Vida!
6) Attended my first symphony concert at the Teatro Nacional in Costa Rica.
7) Moved to the USA a month shy of 17
9) A year and few months later, I moved 3 hours away to attend College (Hotty Toddy!)
10) Graduated college with a degree in Chemical Engineering.
11) Got my first job a month later
12) Decided to enroll in graduate school (at night) while working full time
13) Got married (after swearing I would never marry)
14) Had my beautiful daughter (after saying I'd never have kids).
15) Passed the Professional Engineer exam, with a 6 month old baby at home. I wasn't sleeping much, might as well study, right?
16) Moved to Oak Ridge TN.
17) Finally finished my Master's degree. My daughter was 1 the day of graduation and ran around the Grove at Ole Miss while I got my diploma.
18) Moved back to MS
19) Found out we were having twins.
20) Became the mother of two gorgeous boys, and life has never been the same.
21) Decided that training for a marathon while the twins were babies was a great idea.
22) Made it to the Chicago Marathon in 2007. Wonderful experience.
23) Thought I could be an artist. Started painting in watercolors.
24) Somewhere along these times, started this blog.
25) Places I've visited: Denver, Colorado; Albuquerque, New Mexico; Austin TX; New Orleans, LA; Memphis TN, Knoxville TN, Chattanooga TN, Chicago, IL, Cincinnati, OH; Louisville, KY; Tallahasee FL, Charleston, SC; Navarre Beach, FL; Pensacola, FL; Orlando, FL, Kennedy Space Center, FL; Washington DC; Niagara Falls; Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
26) Became a homeschool mom
27) Learned to drive a manual transmission car.
28) Flown in a helicopter. Rode on a boat in the MS Gulf.
29) Been to Disney World (Senior Year trip).
30) Got a TATTOO!
The first 40 have been great. Looking forward to the next 40.