Thank you 2013 for the lessons you brought our family this year. Some have been painful, some have been easier to accept; but overall we have grown together as individuals and as a family.
Here is a recap of some of the lessons you've brought us:
1) No todo lo que brilla es oro : Abuelo used to say that. Not everything that's shiny is gold.
2) Not everyone who smiles at you is your friend. Your true friends accept you and love you, without conditions.
3) Let go, and let God. Repeat as often as necessary.
4) When in doubt, see #3.
5) Homeschooling is quite an adventure. It can work for you. You will get what you put in. No excuses.
6) No matter how much the kids fight, they love each other fiercely. Even when they have each other on a headlock.
7) Homeschooling = more dirty clothes, more dirty dishes, HAPPIER kids.
8) My husband is a very good teacher. No one knows my kids better than him.
9) Work is challenging but no job is harder than being a parent. Period.
10) You will have to live with the decisions you make. Choose what is best for you and those you love, and forget about everyone else. If they are your friends, they will support you. If they were fake, they will phase their way out of your life. In the end, those who stay were meant to be in your life.
Looking forward to the lessons 2014 will bring.