Dog owners everywhere, unite! There is no greater joy than owning a dog, is there? They just make life better, don't they?
Back in October, we added Max to our family.
This little fur ball arrived at Casa Johnson in October. He was 4 weeks old and I just knew he was a keeper. There have been so many lessons learned since Max joined our family. We are a homeschooling family after all, we find lessons everywhere.
1) Potty Training a dog is very much like potty training toddlers. Most of the time they know what they are supposed to do, but it's a lot more fun to watch mom react to you going in the middle of the floor.
2) Bath time can be fun. Just delegate it to the kids and pray the house isn't flooded by the time the dog is clean.
3) Your kitchen counters are never high enough, specially if your dog is half Great Dane.
4) Having a sick dog is just as bad as having a sick kid. You will not sleep well, you will make yourself sick with worry; only to have the creature bounce back as if nothing ever happened. True story.
5) Your bed is their bed. And by their I mean the kids' and the dog's. That's where they all go to congregate. I have found the dog and kids all piled on the bed, pondering the laws of the universe. Or just watching TV.
6) The puppy stage doesn't last long when your "puppy" is part Great Dane. We have a dog that looks like an adult but still behaves as a puppy. Sometimes we have to remind ourselves he is still a baby.
7) There is no moment as precious as your family holding hands and praying together; including the dog. Kodak moment.
8) No one is as happy to see me after a long day at work as Max is. All he knows is "Mama is home"!
9) Need to let the stress melt away? Just climb in bed and let that big baby snuggle up to you. Pure bliss.
10) Dogs will steal your covers, your pillows, your food; and most importantly, your heart.
Our family is complete with Max. He is spoiled (and he knows it!); he is crazy at times (fits right in with the kids); and he has brought the joy we didn't know we were missing.
How can you not love a face like this one?