It is a new year, but the old left a lot of lessons to be learned.
I got this from a friend, rather than email it to everyone I know, I'll just put it here.
1) What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
I started teaching Sunday school to a group of 3rd-4th graders. They are such amazing kids and they have helped me increase my faith.
2) Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any for last year. This year, the main resolution I have is to have fun, laugh often, and step outside my comfort zone.
3) Did anyone close to you give birth?
My friend Terri gave birth in August, then my friend Mari gave birth in time for Christmas. and Mandy, she had Ethan this year!
4) Did anyone close to you die?
Some of my husband's family died but we weren't very close to them.
5) What countries did you visit?
6) What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
More alone time with my husband
7) What date(s) from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Our anniversary (May 20), kids' birthdays (May 1 and September 12).
8) What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I visited my father after 10 years, and my kids had a chance to meet him.
9) What was your biggest failure?
No failures, a few disappointments
10) Did you suffer illness or injury?
Illness, some. No injuries.
11) What was the best thing you bought?
Dual screen DVD player for the car. It was a lifesaver during our trip to Panama.
12) Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My husband's, who made the decision to be a stay at home dad.
13) Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
One person comes to mind, but karma will catch up with her eventually.
14) Where did most of your money go?
To pay all debts (finally debt free!) and medical expenses from Cade's ER visits.
15) What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Signing up for watercolor painting class (starting in 3 weeks!)
16) What song will always remind you of 2008?
Jesus Loves me, because it was the first one Candace learn to play in the piano.
17) Compared to this time last year, are you:- happier or sadder? happier.- thinner or fatter? fatter- richer or poorer? moneywise, the same, but richer in the things that truly count.
18) What do you wish you'd done more of?
Taken time to step outside my comfort zone.
19) What do you wish you'd done less of?
Get frustrated when things don't go the way I planned.
20) Did you fall in love in 2008?over and over again
21) What was your favorite TV program?
Brothers & Sisters.
22) Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't hate anyone. I may dislike some people, but I don't hate anyone.
23) What was the best book you read?
Strange Sons by Portia Iversen. It's about her autistic son, her journey with him, another mother she meets with a child very similar to hers. Very powerful.
24) What was your greatest musical discovery?
High School Musical songs. ha.
25) What did you want and get?
a day of pampering
26) What did you want and not get?
27) What was your favorite film of this year?
Sex and the City movie, because that's the only one I saw this year.
28) What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I worked, turned 34
29) How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Same as 2007, shorter hair, if it fits, I wear it.
30) What kept you sane?
my husband (while simultaneously driving me insane some days).
31) Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
32) What political issue stirred you the most?
The whole thing, people questioning the candidates ability only because of gender or race.
33) Who did you miss?
My family back home.
34) Who was the best new person you met?
My daughter's piano teacher. She is 94 years old, and still has her mind intact. She loves music and loves kids, and her passion keeps her going. She is such an example.
35) Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
Take the time to laugh, forgive, and enjoy life.
36) Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
“Tell everybody I'm on my way, and loving every step I take...with the sun shining down, yes I'm on my way, I can't keep the smile off my face"