Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Making a list, checking it twice...

Who knew going on vacation could be so stressful and fun, all wrapped up in one.

I have so much to do between now and the date we leave. It seems every time I think of something, another thing puts into my mind. I'll give you an example. We are going to fly out of New Orleans (because it's cheaper). Do we want an early flight, or a later flight? Earlier flight would mean we would have to spend the night close to the airport, but we would get to our final destination earlier. It would also mean getting 3 kids up at wee hours of the morning...
The later flight would be nice, except the airports would probably be more crowded, specially when our connecting flight leaves out of Miami.

Decisions, decisions.

I have also been thinking about taking souvenirs for some of our family/friends who will be letting us stay at their house. But I have not been able to come up with something original. I don't want to get anything that they could purchase there (there are a lot of American goods sold in Panama). I want something original, from MS.

Ideas? Please share with me your ideas of souvenirs I could get.

3 comments:

From the Doghouse said...

Too bad you can't do food, we could come up with a ton of ideas then!

Although cheese straws might work.

Check some local art galleries too. We have a photo of a magnolia in full bloom with the sunrise right behind it that's beautiful.

Kayra said...

Cheese straws, that's a great idea! I'll check and see if we can bring into the country.

The Miller's Blog said...

Look at Mississippi Magazine or check their website. They always feature a page or 2 of cute, original Mississippi items like ornaments or figurines of birds, things of that sort.