Quote of the day
"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds." Albert Einstein
So here we are. Friday. Looking forward to the weekend, even if it includes doing chores. I have Mt. Laundry growing inside my house and it has to be tamed.
Since this is 2008, I thought I list my resolutions (some are more like guidelines).
1. Tell my kids I love you all the time. It's so sad that so many kid shows send the message that parents just don't care for their kids. I want to make sure my kids know I love them.
2. Yell less. even if I'm running late and Candace is still lollygagging around the house, I can't find my keys, and the twins are hiding in Candace's room.
3. Read more, specially more of the "classics"
4. Stop cursing, even when I'm stuck in traffic, or my boss is driving me nuts.
5. Take my kids to Panama, and my husband too. I want them to see where I come from. It'll help them better understand why I am so adamant about not wasting food, or helping the needy.
6. Go skydiving.
7. Run for fun.
8. Be a better friend
9. Do more charity work with my daughter. I want her to see how rewarding it is to do things for others.
10. Laugh more.
Yesterday morning, on our way to school, Candace was looking through one of my Runner's World magazine and found an ad that showed kids running in a race. She turned to me and said "I want to do that". I don't have to tell you how proud I was in that moment. So I told her we are going to find a race this spring that has a 1-mile fun run that she can participate in. I have been looking at the MS Track Club's website and trying to decide which one would be a good one to do with her.
I guess that means I need to find her some proper attire too. Do they even make running clothes in kids' sizes?